Sunday, June 15, 2008

World Travelers

We made it. We are in the good old USA. And we are glad. We are tired and jet lagged but glad. Whoever said it's easier going east than it is west is so wrong. I feel like I got hit by a truck which is exactly the way I felt when I got to Okinawa. So for the record jet lag is bad no matter which way you go. We haven't been to too many places yet but we did make it to Target and the grocery store. It was incredible. So many choices so much fresh fruit. It made me giddy. I think I may have already eaten my weight in blueberries. We got a 2lb box for $7.99, way better than the dinky box I got at the commissary last week for $6.48. We are definitely in the land of plenty. I am thankful for the experience of living abroad, but there is just no place like home. Hopefully we'll be seeing most of you over the next 5 weeks. Have a great Father's Day. I'm headed home to be with my Dad tomorrow. I can't wait. I have a feeling that one feisty little girl is going to make him smile. How's that commercial go Plane tickets $1600, travel expenses, $500, seeing the smile on Dad's face when he sees his granddaughter PRICELESS! He loves Owen too, but there is something special about being the only granddaughter. See you tomorrow Dad.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Glad to hear you arrived safely...hope you remained sane. You were one cool cucumber as I dropped you off. I bet Alison charmed just about everyone.We miss you guys already! Enjoy your adventures.

Erin said...

Hey there long lost buddy! I miss you..give the kids a smooch from me! I will see you in Oki soon!

Nicole said...

Hey Kristen! Welcome back to the mainland! So glad to hear your trip went OK. We can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Enjoy this time with your family and friends...