Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Check Out My New Look!

As a birthday present to myself I decided to get a blog makeover. I am so excited with how it turned out. I hope you like it too. Now that my blog looks pretty I'll have to make sure I update it more often.

We are having a good week so far. God blessed us with a wonderful weekend. Jeff was on call Saturday but can you believe his pager didn't go off at all? It was fabulous. He was off Sunday so we got to spend a nice weekend together as a family even with Jeff on call. God is good. 

Alison continues to develop new conversation skills daily. I get so tickled when she finally figures out how to put words together. Today I asked her to take her taggie up to her crib and she responded with "I am mommy". Too smart for her own good. She better be careful with her tone. She's only two. What will 12 years from now look like?

Owen is still enjoying school and learning so much. Last week he read a book to the K4.2 class (his old class). I was so proud of him and so was Mrs. Hogue, his K4 teacher. T ball season is almost over. We still have 4 games left because we had a rain out due to the typhoon. He and the other kids are really starting to pick up on the rules of baseball. It's fun to watch. 

Jeff is working hard at the hospital clinic. He's now the department head. I'm not sure that means too much, but we like to say "he's kind of a big deal". That is a quote from Anchorman for those of you who didn't know (mom). I think he is enjoying his new role but it is requiring some creative time management skills. He manages to get home for dinner most nights and if he has to he will go back to work after the  kids are in bed. It's a good thing we live right behind the hospital. :)

I have gotten involved with PWOC, Protestant Women of the Chapel, on Kadena. It has been a good source of bible study and fellowship for me. This year I am serving on the board in a small position but one I think I'm well suited for. It is outreach for the Navy community. Basically I attend the newcomer's orientation to welcome people to the island and invite them to join us for bible study. It's fun to meet the new people. I'm also helping to facilitate a study called "After the Boxes are Unpacked". God is humorous isn't he. 

So anyway not too much new in our daily lives, except my totally COOL new blog look. Hope you all are having a great week!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new blog! What a great look Kristen. Your family is so beautiful. Glad to hear you are all doing well. I'll send you an email soon! Love, nicole

Katie said...

Whoa, pretty snazzy! It is an AWESOME gift to oneself.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME and beautiful blog, Girl!! You are doing a great job!!! If you are ever available I would love to take my blog to the next level!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!