Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Walkathon 2009

tug of war after the walkathon


Getting ready to go


Registered and ready to go!


Saturday November 14, 2009 Owen, Alison and I walked 9km for OCSI's walkathon. Owen had pleaded with family members and at least one neighbor to sponsor him walking. I must say he did MUCH better this year than last year. I only heard two complaints of him being tired and those were easily squashed by my positive pep talks. If you've seen Facing the Giants then you'll recognize my spiel, "Don't quit Owen, your very best, don't quit" "one foot in front of the other buddy, one foot in front of the other" "God gave you two strong legs" etc. Then on the last hill Alison got out of the stroller and ran up the hill with her brother. So cute! She stopped for a minute and said "mommy I need some water" and then trudged her chubby little thighs the rest of the way up. I was so proud of my kids. I was so thankful the rain held off. Our weekend was busier than I hope to ever be again. We're still tired, Alison was in bed at 6:40pm tonight, but I'm thankful for a good weekend.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Great pictures! Glad the walk went well. I loved that Alison wanted to run up the hill with her brother and then asked for water. Hope this weekend is a little quieter than last. We'll catch up soon.

Jennifer said...

Just stopped by the thank you for another perspective on the Christmas thing. I sincerely hope my take was not offensive to you! Bless you as you celebrate far away!