Monday, April 14, 2008

Home Again













































We are home from our 10 day adventure in Oahu. We had a great time. Getting there seemed like quite the battle but it was worth it. Hawaii is every bit as beautiful as I remembered it. Not to mention the fact that it is indeed part of the USA. That added tremendously to it's beauty for me. We enjoyed yummy food, a luau, sitting by the pool, playing on the beach, some walks through Waikiki, and the Arizona Memorial. Owen said his favorite part was "seeing the ship that was sunk in WW II." It was amazing to see. I learned I need to read more about WW II, one because I want to know more, but also to be able to answer Owen's questions. That kid sure is inquisitive.

It was fun to watch the kids play together and have so much fun. They are certainly beach lovers. My favorite quote was from Owen praying one night. Owen: "Dear God thank you for today, thank you for the rain, and thank you that Alison, (silence as he thinks of what to say) thank you that Alison growed new teeth" Alison: "yes" Owen: "In Jesus name, Amen". As Jeff tried to add a few more things to the prayer list Owen said "Daddy I already prayed". So that was it, we were thankful for new teeth.

So today we are back to school, back to work, and back to house work. We're moving a little slow but I think we are all refreshed and thankful for the break.

2 comments:

Erin said...

OMIGOSH!!! I love those pics so much!!! My fave the one of Owen and Alison hugging in the water! Too precious. He sure loves her. It is so nice to see that they play so well. Well I for one am glad you are back, it was 10 days of loneliness in my backyard with out you and the kids!! Well, now I take that back, I have to go back to being quiet about beating my kids, your home now and will hear!!! LOL I am glad you had a good time and a great break from Oki life. WE sure did miss you. Even Todd said, I kinda miss them Singley folk. LOL For him to say that..well you know...Anyway...Hugs and more Hugs~

Weasel said...

Golly Day, I love them cuties! What great pictures, and I want some more details once you get a chance to rest. I am pea green with envy. Hugs, N