Sunday, April 27, 2008

Mom Update

The phone rang at 5:50am last Thursday. Jeff was ready to leave for the gym and I heard him talking. I listened intently, was that the hospital?. No, he seems to know this person. Was it Brent and Heather? I came downstairs and saw him writing on a piece of paper, the numbers 804 instantly let me know it was my mom. Something was wrong with my mom. My heart starting racing and I read more of Jeff's scribbling, blood clots in lungs. What? How could that be, what did that mean? He handed the phone to me and I could hear how frightened my dad was and also how strong he was being. He just wanted to let us know and he was on his way back to the hospital. It seems my mom was having shortness of breath since Sun/Mon but couldn't get into the doctor until Wednesday. He sent her for a CT and it revealed blood clots in the lungs so she was immediately admitted to the hospital. After several more phone calls and finally reaching my mom in her room I found out that they did find a bigger clot in her leg and that it could all be a result of some medication she takes but there is no way to know for sure. She will be in the hospital for several days while they get her medication into a therapeutic range but she seems to be doing well. Jeff has assured me that she will be just fine and her doctor seems to think so too. I'm glad they agree. :)

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to post about this. Some of you already know this information and I want to thank you for your prayers. Both Mom and Dad seem to be doing much better now that the initial shock has worn off. I think they were both expecting her to have some kind of pneumonia or something. We are thankful for God's protection and are praying for a quick recovery.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Prayers from the Hardings to Gram-Z!! Tell her we are hoping for a quick and speedy recovery!! Hugs Hugs and More Hugs~

Weasel said...

I just got your phone message this morning. We called it an early night last night and didn't ever hear the phone ring. Please know that your mother is in our prayers, and we are here if you need anything. I know how hard it must be for you to be where you are in a time like this, so I will pray for peace and strength for you and your father. It is a good dern thing God invented unlimited long distance telephone service. Sending you many hugs and much love. Please, please let me know if there is anything we can do to help.