Sunday, July 27, 2008

Two Year Old Trouble

My baby turned 2 years old on July 10th. I have no idea how that happened. Of course in her mind she is every bit as big and old as her brother. There is nothing she won't try and very little that scares her. She is beautiful, spunky, strong willed, sweet, charming, and did I mention beautiful. She reels people in with her eyes and that smile. One bat of those lashes and flash of that dimple and you're hooked. You can't get enough of her. Even the bossy, loud, independent part of her. She gives great hugs and usually will let you get all of her kisses. She doesn't like falling, though she does it a lot. She'll get angry and yell "NO" if you try to see if she's ok. She loves tu tu's and pretty pink dresses. Shoes are her friend. She is definitely girly but she can keep up with the boys. I doubt she'll ever be pushed around by anyone. She'll either defend herself or her brother will stick up for her. She loves her Owie. She never calls him Owen just Owie and she says it louder and longer if he doesn't answer her. Jeff and I often discuss just what type of man will marry our girl. He's going to have to be tough. Not just anyone can handle all that God has put in that little one. We are so blessed to have our sweet little Alison and look forward to watching her grow. Since we were in the states for her birthday she ended up with 3 celebrations. She's definitely a princess!


Her real birthday. Celebrating with an Elmo cake at GramZ and Baba's Anniversary party in Indiana

Celebrating at Grandma and Grandpa's house on 4th of July with Nana Singley and Aunt Beth


Her Princess party at Gramz and Baba's. Lounging in the bounce house



I had to put this one in. Look at the contempt on their faces. I think Uncle Devry is trying to convince her to like him more than mommy.



Trying to capture a picture of all the girls but it didn't work. My girlfriends came with all of their little girls. Keira is standing, Eleyna is crawling, Alison, and the head cutoff on the right is Savannah. She and Alison are birthday twins, just a few hours apart.




Her very own doll cake made by GramZ





Each little girl had their own princess cake




Hugging Luke. Luke loved my baby girl. He was tearing my heart out the day we left. Hugging her and not wanting her to go. She certainly is well loved.







2 comments:

Erin said...

I am so sad that we didn't get to celebrate with the new two year old! How I would have loved to see those little princess cakes, and to taste them too! I guess in a way I am the lucky one, I get to see her, smooch her, and hug her every day!!!

Julie Fisher Pisa said...

Hello Kristen and Jeff,
Cousin Julie here. I have been thinking about your family a lot lately as I have recently started seeing a boy, in my work, who has a twin that reminds so much of Alison. Same nose, cheeks, lips, and big blue eyes...but not the eyelashes. Within 45 minutes of meeting Alison's "twin" she came to me for comfort after her brother pushed her down. I immediately thought of our instant connection and how Alison wanted to bond with me...and how much I enjoyed it! You two are in big trouble with that princess! Life does go on but you are all thought of daily and missed terribly.