Tuesday, November 4, 2008

CHEESESTEAKS ON THE HOUSE!

Well, I've had about a week to process the World Series, and I still can't believe that I can actually say the Phillies are World Champions!  It was a little difficult to watch the games from here in Okinawa.  Most of them occurred during work hours, so I was forced to keep track of the games through the internet.  I was actually seeing a patient when Kristen paged me to tell me that the Phillies had won.  (She later brought me a cheesesteak for lunch to celebrate.  Man, I love that girl!)  It's a tough life being a Philadelphia fan.  I've tried to explain this psychology to Kristen, but I don't think she quite gets it.  You're almost scared to win.  Losing is so familiar, that you almost don't know how to feel about winning.  From the start of the Series, Kristen was always positive, telling me how she was confident the Phillies would win.  She couldn't understand my uneasiness with her attitude...relatively new to the phenomenon of Philadelphia teams, new to the heartbreak of rooting for teams that consistently find new ways to lose games.

But not this year.  Not this time.

So...enjoy the celebration Phillies fans.  Grab a cheesesteak, a hoagie and some water ice and spread some brotherly love at the Jersey Shore.  Here's to the Phillies and recovery from the psychology of losing.

Now...GO EAGLES!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hey Jeff -- so happy for you! I have to admit... I haven't been watching much TV lately - let alone keeping up with sports - so I had to ask Jim the other day who had won! :-) What a great wife you have to bring you a cheesesteak sandwich! Enjoy these moments!