Monday, November 17, 2008

Things I Don't Want To Forget

1. The hugs Alison gives me when she wakes up from a nap. She's still too sleepy to pull away and I get to squeeze her and smell her sweet cheeks and hair. 

2. The way Owen smiles at me in the rear view mirror when I pick him up from school. Even though he's a big boy his baby grin is still there.

3. The way Owen calls his Nerf guns, Narf guns. Love it! 

4. Alison's chubby little hands grabbing her snack and the way it sounds when she crunches it. 

5. The way Alison covers herself back up and says "nooo!" when I wake her up to go get Owen from school.  (why doesn't she do that in the morning?)

6. Owen telling Alison "watch out Alison I'm going to do something dangerous for you." 

7. The way Alison sings "yes, Jesus loves everybody" before she goes to bed.

8. Alison saying "kissy my nose",  "me kissy your nose, oh I missed" "you kissy O's nose" "O's nose is far away"

9. Owen asking a million and one questions about Star Wars.

10. Owen and Alison coming downstairs 5 minutes after we put them to bed and Alison saying with her arms wide out "we both wake now, yay". 

11. The way Alison receives a gift. "mommy you got dis for me. tank you it make me sooo happy"


2 comments:

Nicole said...

Hey there Kristen. Our Owen is also fascinated with Star Wars all of a sudden. Just this morning he came down dressed all in black, with a light sabor made of legos. He said he was "Luke". He hasn't even seen Star Wars yet - so we aren't sure where he has learned all of this! Even now as I type this, he is asking me how to spell Yoda! :-) I wish our boys could play together!

Juliann said...

Kristen - I am a friend of Amy Olson's from Gurnee. I love your blog and your new layout with music. It is encouraging to read about your family - keep it up!
Juliann