Sunday, December 21, 2008

Because Not Everyone Will Be Home For Christmas

This song never moved me until I moved to the other side of the world where I can only dream of being home for Christmas. Mom, Dad, Devry, Laura, Luke and Brady, I'm going to miss seeing you for Christmas. I'll miss all of mom's homemade rolls and desserts. I'll miss Devry's jokes. I'll miss Luke's scheming and Brady's hugs. I'll miss seeing the boys play baseball with Uncle Jeff. And I'll miss how Jeff always gives mom and dad a hard time. I won't be there in person but I'll be there in spirit and hopefully on skype. But while I'll be missing my home for Christmas I'm still at home here in Okinawa. We'll have Christmas Eve dinner together, go to church, and come home to wait for Santa. We'll be together. The Singley four. But there are some who won't be together with their families this Christmas and I want to remember them too. Please pray for our troops deployed around the world and their families back home. When your spouse is deployed it's like a part of you is missing and I imagine that feeling is even stronger when it's Christmas. So this Christmas, slow down, remember why we're celebrating. Jesus, the King of Kings, was born to save us. And while you are enjoying being together with family and friends remember to pray for those who are not. I wish you all a Merry Merry CHRISTmas!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great reminder!!!! Great post on making the best of any situation you are in. We are blessed to have our husbands home for Christmas!!!

AHolthaus said...

The Singley 4 - we hope you have a wonderful Christmas in Okinawa. I sent a Christmas letter, but forgot to check postage with the post office, so if it returns to me, I will resend. I love reading your blog, we miss you guys! We are spending the holidays here in St. Louis with just the 5 of us this year and I'm sure it will be special, as yours will be. Have a beautiful Christmas!

Chris, Andrea, Tyler, Maddie, and Jacob Holthaus

Anonymous said...

I checked out the 7x7 "deal" and it looks like a great idea. I wonder how I could adapt it for my husand, friends and family? I'll think on that for a while!!!! I can't believe how many people check out her blog - she had 405 comments to that one post along!! Wow!!!