Saturday, May 23, 2009

There's a Birthday Boy In The House




Owen turned six on Thursday. His kindergarten graduation is next Friday. He repeatedly tells us that all his old favorite pixar movies are "baby shows" and he watches "big kid" shows. He loves to laugh, run, climb, and work out his hands on the Wii. His favorite toys are LEGOS, video games, (bonus if the video game is a LEGO game), balls, and guns. He adores his Dad and loves his sister, most of the time. He likes to make people laugh which may mean we have years of him being the class clown ahead of us. He is very tender hearted, I think he gets this from me. Most of his personality is like his dad's, but the emotional side is more me. He still lets me kiss him goodbye at school and tells me he loves me too when I leave. He loves Jesus as much as a 6 year old can and I find myself wanting his childlike faith. He can almost beat his dad when it comes to memorizing scripture. He can definitely beat me at it. He's riding a two wheeled bike. Riding said bike may mean ER visits our in our future. He reads like a champ and is doing very well in school. He is the sweetest, silliest, six year old I know. It's going to be a great year! 

No comments: