Sunday, May 31, 2009

Graduation and a LEGO Party






Owen has had a FULL weekend. On Friday we attended his kindergarten graduation. So cute! He was so handsome in his shirt and tie and belt. The kid never wears belts and you would've thought he was going to die by having to wear one for 2 hours. His class did a great job with their program. The other kindergarten classes performed things that they had learned throughout the year too. Then they received their diplomas. You would think this meant "school's out for summer" but sadly no. He still has 9 days. I wish he was done but actually we really need those 9 days to get things done. (I need another post to explain)

Then on Saturday we had Owen's birthday party. It was a LEGO party and I think it was a success. I tried to be low key this year but somehow I always do too much and worry too much and enjoy too little. I think Jeff may enroll me in a 12 step program for birthday party planning. Either that or make me the head of the party planning committee. My friend Toni helped me with the cake. It was adorable. The kids seemed to love it too. My friend Jen stepped in and helped with the water balloons as Jeff was called to an emergency at the hospital. And the other parents helped too when it was time for present opening. They were all so excited to give their gift to Owen. Can you believe that child got 7 new LEGO sets and not ONE repeat?! Praise God because I was a little worried if he would respond with "I already have this" or would kindly say thank you and move on. He did great and I think everyone enjoyed the day. 

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow! What a great weekend. LOVE love love his cake! Send me some more pix of it - we may have to duplicate that for our Owen in about 6 months for his 6th birthday! :-) I can imagine he is in lego heaven. Enjoy!

Heather said...

The birthday and graduation celebrations sounded wonderful! So glad all went well. I love the pictures, particularly the one of Owen bowing to his teacher. Hope this coming week allows you to catch your breath for a bit. Talk to you sooon!