Monday, February 18, 2008

Woe Is Me...

Or Maybe it's just Sick is Me.

I'm not sure who has won the contest of worst virus. I think we've had the same symptoms just on different days. So far only one kiddo shows any symptoms and they are minor. Pray that niether one of them succumbs to the full illness. It's a yucky one.

Things I've learned from being sick:

I don't like being sick.

I really don't like being sick.

I'm a wimp when it comes to fevers and body aches.

When you have the chills there aren't enough blankets in the world to make you warm

I'd really like someone to develop an epidural of sorts for the body aches. I mean if it can help with labor just think what it could do for a flu like virus.

I don't believe in flu shots. Jeff got one. I didn't. We're both sick. Who's smarter? I'm not sure that bit of evidence tells us, but at least I didn't get a needless shot that wouldn't have helped me anyway.

I have no patience for my children when I don't feel well. Hence the reason I swore Owen would never drink hot chocolate again after his sister got a hold of the cup and dumped it all over. Don't worry it wasn't hot anymore.

I love hearing my little girl say "tash tash" as she immediately takes my kleenex out of my hand and runs to the "tash can".

I love Owen trying to find me some of his valentine treats to make me feel better

I love that Jeff took my two little ones out today so I could rest.

I love that Shari took Owen to the park so we could both rest.

I love that Jeff battled the commissary so I wouldn't have to.

I really miss home when I'm sick.

I really want my mom to come and make it all better.

When Alison is yelling "Mama" I want to yell "Mama" too.

I wish I could have some of my mom's chicken soup.

Being sick when you live on the other side of the world seems so much more miserable.

Even though I have time to be sick here I really don't want to be sick anymore.

If I have to be sick I'm a big fan of the 24 hour bug, rather than the let's just see how many days we can make you feel crummy bug.

I don't like being sick.

I really don't like being sick.

1 comment:

Weasel said...

I hope you start to feel better soon! It is no fun when the 'mama' is sick, but it is oh so good to have nice friends around to lend a helping hand. I know..I used to have one that lived right around the corner and forcefully take my kids to help me out b/c I couldn't help myself. Wish I could return the favor, but instead I am sending you a cyber hug.