Friday, May 30, 2008

I Give it Two Thumbs Up and 5 Stars!

I went to the best program this morning. There was singing, acting, and literature reading. I laughed, I cried, I loved it. It was the K5 graduation. I was so moved hearing 40+ little voices praising God. I had tears in my eyes as I realized that if it made me that happy that it must make God even happier. How He must love to hear our children sing out to him. One by one each of the K4 and K5 classes performed songs and things they had learned this year. It was precious. I was also struck by how easy it is to spot Owen. He is the only blond in the 40+ students. He sure is special that one.

As I enjoyed the show I couldn't help but think about the Chapman family and the tragic loss of their 5 year old little girl. She was just a week older than my O. I'm sure she was just as sweet and adorable as all of the children on stage today were. How my heart ached for their loss. I can't begin to fathom that grief. So today as I watched another milestone in Owen's life I was extra thankful for the blessing of being his mom. Thankful to God for giving me another day to spend with my boy. Please pray for the Chapman's as they go forward. I don't even know them but I feel compelled to lift them in prayer. And if you haven't already go and listen to the song Cinderella. It will break your heart for them and remind you to cherish the moments with your children. They go by fast. www.stevencurtischapman.com

No comments: