Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Whole Hand

To My O,

Today you turned 5. I can hardly believe it but your birth certificate assures me it's true. To you being 5 means finally being able to watch Star Wars and going to kindergarten. To me it means you're growing up. Too fast. How have five years gone by since you made me a mommy? It seems like yesterday Daddy and I were trying to figure out your infant car seat and stroller. Now that stroller has been all over the world and carries your little sister instead of you. You used to fit right in my forearm but now your legs are long and dangly and you're almost too big for me to carry, almost. I can barely remember what life was like before you. We've had five years of smiles, five years of tears (yours and mine), five years of giggles, five years of jokes, five years of worries, five years of boo boos, five years of kisses, five years of adventures, five years of learning to discipline (it's a steep curve :)), five years of silliness, five years of multiplying gray hairs, five years of new shoes, five years of taggie, five years of good night stories and kisses, five years of friends, five years of hugs, five years of climbing, five years of playing ball, and five years of love. It's bittersweet to watch you grow. I love remembering the baby you were but I also love seeing the boy you're becoming. I'll try to remember every moment because they are going by fast. Enjoy being 5 sweetheart. I love you!


For some reason blogger won't let me add pictures right now so here is a video of my little O.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Happy Birthday O-Diddle!! You are so stinkin' cute jumping in your crib! I know how your Momma feels about watching the years pass...but it sure is a fun little ride! Happy #5!!!