Friday, August 29, 2008

Alison For President



Yesterday we were driving to Owen's school and a news flash was on the radio talking about the DNC convention. Owen heard this and asked me who the President was. I told him it was still George Bush, but that an election was coming up and we would choose a new President. He asked who it would be and I said "I hope it's John McCain" to which Alison replied "No, Me!!" 
So I started thinking about how the world would be if Alison were in charge. Everyone would have a taggie and a silky blanket. And no problem would be too big for a glass of milk to solve. A nap would be had by all around 12:30pm. Everyone would be encouraged to climb to their hearts content. Watching "wo's" would be a must, especially Boz. Smiles, hugs, and kisses would be the greetings of the day. Everyone would have "Happy Cake" on their Happy Birthday. And really what couldn't be solved over some "happy cake". There would be tantrums, complete with screaming and throwing oneself on the ground, but they would easily be resolved when no one paid attention to them. Oh and especially if goldfish were involved the attitude would readjust. Leisurely walks would occur on a daily basis, because why hurry when there is so much to discover. Yes, Alison's world would be a happy place. Too bad people don't vote for two year olds
This little girl sure has made me smile a lot this week. She repeated "Happy Mommy" about a hundred times a day which meant "Happy Birthday Mommy". And tonight she had to put on her princess dress so she could "dance at ee's house". She sure makes me happy. So I guess "Happy Mommy" is an appropriate description. Hope you like the pictures of my little angel.

3 comments:

Erin said...

It would probably be the only time I would EVER vote Republican....

Yep, she sure knows how to love her "Ta-Ta"..for sure!! It's okay...I never get sick of it!! She can dance to her hearts content at EE's house....

Nicole said...

If only life were so simple! We have about had it with the DNC - looking forward to next week! Enjoy these special moments with your precious kiddos. I LOVE hearing all about them!

Katie said...

She would definitely get my vote. I so miss her little face and desire to eat all my Goldfish.