Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything

Last week our church, Calvary Chapel Okinawa, held vacation bible school. It was a VeggieTales theme using the latest movie "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything". It was our first experience with VBS since Owen was finally old enough to participate. I helped by being a "shipmate" which meant I had a group of kindergartners to take from station to station. I didn't think that was going to be very hard but at the end of each day I found myself exhausted. I had 7 kids in my group and we were part of the bigger kindergarten group which had about 25-30 kids. Three of my kids were in Owen's class at OCSI and are Japanese. It was such an honor to have them with us for the week. However, after a week of getting them to pay attention and participate I have much greater respect for Owen's teacher. Those boys are ACTIVE!!! All in all I think everyone had a great time. The kids did great learning their memory verse "I can do all things through Christ because He gives me strength" Philippians 4:13. It was awesome to hear all those little voices shout that out. I only managed to get a few photos of the whole week but I thought I'd let you see some of the kids I spent my week with.





Tomoro posing during morning worship


Owen, Marina, and Lizzie waiting in line for the bible theater



Craft time. Owen, Yuma's mom, Yuma, Tomoro, Fuga all on the left side of the table.

No comments: