Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I love to shop. And I LOVE a bargain. This past week I was able to go to some Chinese markets and even a Wal Mart in Beijing. It was so fun to know I was paying so little for the things I wanted. But the week before our trip I was watching tv and saw a commercial that got me thinking. We don't really get commercials in Okinawa except for on ABCFamily or Lifetime. The commercial was for Wal Mart and it was showing all kinds of Easter treats, bunnies, candy, pastel eggs, etc. It seemed harmless enough until the end. It said "Easter costs less at Walmart". That got me thinking. How can Easter cost less? It can't. Easter came at a very high price, the death of Jesus, God's own son, on a cross to save us from our sins. It can never cost less. Without Jesus' death and resurrection we have no hope. I'm so thankful for this Easter when I am reminded how very much God loves me. So much that he sent His only son to die a horrible death so I would not be separated from Him. What crazy amazing love. I can do nothing to deserve this love I can only accept it. So Happy Easter! He is Risen!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome reminder. Wish you all had been in church this morning - Rick was on a roll!!! God definately speaks through that man!!!

Glad you are home, too!! I prayed for you all week!!!!!

Nicole said...

Great reminder K. Welcome home! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! Hugs to you... I'll be in touch soon... :-)