Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Prayer Request

Miss Erin and Alison at O's Christmas Program

My friend, Erin, was hit by a car riding her bike to swim practice last Thursday morning. She is currently in the ICU at Naval Hospital Okinawa, but will be transferred to Balboa in San Diego this Thursday. She is a triathlete, devoted mama, and marine wife. This has been a very tragic and unexpected event for her and the family. Please pray for her healing and for peace as they begin a new journey. The whole family will be moving to San Diego in  a matter of weeks. Todd her husband has received permanent change of station orders to Miramar. He and their children, Taryn 6, and Ian 3, will leave the first week of August or so. Please keep the family in your prayers. They are doing well considering the circumstances. Clinging to Jesus. Please pray that they continue to do so as they work through all of the details and emotions. And pray that the kids and I can be blessing to them as they prepare to leave. 

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh no.... I am shocked and saddened by this news - and will be praying for Erin and her family. Please let me know how she is doing - and send me an update if you get a chance!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Kristen!! Please tell Erin I said Hi and that I am praying for her.

Heather said...

That is a great picture of Erin and Alison. I will definitely pray. Please keep us posted. Hope to talk to you this week or over the weekend.