Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Who Needs Flat Daddy.....









When you can have the REAL thing!



At Okinawa's airport Sunday August 16, 2009




Life at the Singley house has dramatically changed in the last several days. One day last week Jeff called to say his deployment had been cancelled. Maybe you think my response was something like screaming the Hallelujah chorus, and planning for our reunion, but it was not. I think it was more like "shut up, I don't believe you" and that is harsh talk because we don't use the words shut up in our house. 

Over the next couple of days Jeff continued to say that the CO had confirmed it and they would all be leaving in a matter of days. Being a true Navy wife I didn't say a word to anyone. Especially not my children. I knew better. I knew they would change their minds. They always do. This is the Navy for crying out loud. Orders are never changed for my happiness. 

My heart leaped for joy when I saw his flight itinerary over skype. But it still seemed too good to be true. Cancel a deployment. Really? That. Never. Happens! But he was set to arrive Sunday night at 8:35pm. We decided to let the kids be surprised at the airport just to ensure things didn't get changed. A couple of Jeff's co workers met us at the airport to welcome him home. 

The kids were absolutely surprised as I'm sure most of you are. We're still a little in shock, but so extremely thankful for this blessing. God answered our prayers "to bring Daddy back to us as soon as possible" in a way I never imagined. How AWESOME is He!?! What a mighty and powerful God we serve! 

Today is Jeff's 35th birthday (which means mine is just around the corner, ugh we're getting old). It is very nice to be able to celebrate with him in person. Thank you for all of your love, prayers, and support. 

 I heart the Navy, for today anyway :). 


Remember to pause the music  first so you can hear the video

4 comments:

Erin said...

Oh Kristen, God is so Good!! It truly makes my heart jump too, to hear what wonderful news that was! I can't see the flash player here at the hospital, the WI-FI has anything with streaming video blocked. But I can't wait to watch it when I get to a place of normalcy. I am just as tickled for Alison and O-Dog...I bet they were just surprised like nothing else!! HAHAHA @ you saying SHUT UP! But, I would have been saying the same thing too! I am glad all of the Singley's are back together again! We do serve a great and loving God, and this is one prayer I am so glad he answered for you. Big Hugs~

Nicole said...

Oh Kristen - I can't stop crying after your email, reading this and watching the video clip. God is SO good! I am so, so happy for you guys - and continue to pray for you from half way around the world! Hugs to you from Indiana! And much love!

Katie said...

Kristen, this is definitely a "first" in my realm of experience...canceling a deployment. How wonderful for you all! Love how speechless Owen was and Alison assertive as ever running for her hug! Happy Birthday to Jeff. I am so happy for the Singley Family.

Heather said...

Oh that video.....it just reminds me of what military families do for us everyday. Thank you for posting it so we could see Owen & Alison's sweet little faces! I hope that you all have had a good week.

BTW, I love the picture you posted as well. You look fantastic!