Sunday, November 4, 2007

A Home For the Homeless

Thusday after Owen got out of school we pulled out of Jacksonville and drove about 9 hours to Richmond. After 2 stops for gas, a stop for dinner, and a stop for a tantrum we arrived to my parents house around 1am. It was a long trip. I didn't even take a turn at driving and I was exhausted when we arrived. It is very emotionally taxing for me when we move. I guess I shouldn't take that as a sign of weakness but rather know that it just reflects the love I've had for the people I've spent the last 2 years with. Jacksonville was a tough place for me. It took me a long time to connect, to the town and to the people. But I did. And I have some great friends to leave behind. It hurts to leave people behind. But I think I would always rather have that hurt than to not have invested in the lives of others and have them be invested in mine. I will always be thankful for the way God used people in my life in Florida. We have been truly blessed by the friends God put in our lives. Especially in the last month, with so many dinner parties and play dates, and airplane goodies for the kids etc. etc. etc. Thank you for loving us with your words and actions.

So now we're in limbo. It's a strange place to be. Everything we own is packed. We have no real address. Even my parents will live in a new home when we return for a visit next year. So we have memories of what "home" is. Thursday as we were driving to pick Owen up from school there was a song on the radio and one of the lines mentioned the day of Jesus' return. And for the first time I realized I'm really ready for my eternal home. Don't get me wrong I like being here too, but If Jesus came back today I'd be fine with that. So I don't have a "home" right now but I have one in heaven. I may feel homeless, but I'm not. And God willing I will get a "home" when we arrive in Okinawa that I will do my best to make "our home".

No comments: