Saturday, November 17, 2007

I LOVE Being Right!

So Jeff and I were on our way to meet some friends for lunch today when my cell phone rang and it was my mom. She said "Kristen I'm mailing your packages and your zip code is wrong. It's wrong on the card do you know what it is?" I have no idea what it is mom. I'll check it when I get back to the house. Maybe Jeff wrote it down wrong. I copied it from his folder. I hung up and proceeded to tell Jeff that I thought he wrote it wrong. When I made the postcards I used the address that he had written down on a folder and he told me it was correct. So in all my self righteous rightness I told him he had been wrong and now I was going to have to email everyone with the new address. So efficient. Because it's fun to order 100 postcards, address and mail them only to have to re do the whole thing. He said, "maybe your mom wrote it down wrong, etc etc etc. " Lets not worry about it until we get home and can check it". Fast forward to the mall food court where I'm ordering my last American food court meal, which was Panda Express, and my phone rings again. It was my mom. "Kristen, it is wrong on the postcard but your email was right" "OK, mom I'll figure it out when we get back". I bring my last American meal back to the table and proceed to tell Linda and Russell how all of our postcards are wrong and blame it on Jeff. Because who else could be at fault right? Certainly not me. We have a great lunch, look at a few shops, and head back to Jeff's house. I walk into the computer room to check the address and the folder with the misinformation is right on the desk. I walk over to it ready to show Jeff where he has done me wrong and I look at the number and realize that Jeff's small handwriting was actually a 6 not a 0 like I had originally thought. OUCH! I was wrong. I had looked at the folder in the dark at the hotel and made the postcards on line. I was sure I had typed it correctly. I was wrong. It was a 6 not a zero. In my attempt to be efficient and ahead of things I actually made more work for myself. So in case you're wondering I apologized to Jeff for assuming it was his fault. But in fairness to me it usually is. I think this is preparation for all the mistakes, trials, and misunderstandings that are sure to find us as we navigate another country. So for all of you who want our correct address please change the zip code to 96362 instead of 90362. I really am starting to feel like I'm driving upside down on the world.

No comments: