Friday, January 25, 2008

Fun Things In My Week

This has been a pretty good week. Jeff and Owen were both off on Monday so we were able to get lots done in the house. We also had some good family time over the weekend. I was able to go to my first spouse's meeting last night. I met some nice people and had some good laughs at the white elephant gift exchange. Yesterday after we picked Owen up at school we went to the Air Force base to go to the commissary because lately they have better fruit. (Don't get me started on all the things the Air force has better than everyone else) We walked through the doors expecting to get grapes but guess what I saw in their place?





Sweet, red, beautiful STRAWBERRIES. I was in heaven. Even Jeff said it is like the land flowing with milk and honey. I was so excited I bought 3 packs. We only have one left. I love how neatly and exquisitely they are arrange in the package. The Japanese pay a lot of attention to presentation. These could quite possibly be the best strawberries I have ever eaten. In case some of you don't understand why this is a big deal it is because fruit on Okinawa is a treasure. Ordinarily we have bananas and apples everyday. Sometimes grapes and tangerines but not much else. The fresh produce is also quite expensive. It didn't matter though when I saw those red beauties. They were coming home with me no matter what.


Today I had another treat. I got my hair cut at Cocock's. It is a fun place that most people get their toes done at. I haven't had a pedicure yet but I'm looking forward to it. I was nervous about my haircut. My appointment was with Mr. Miyagi. I'm not kidding that is what they told me his name was. I was a little concerned that he may start telling me to paint the fence or yelling "Bonsai!" but he was quite friendly. A nice lady interpreted for me so he understood what I wanted. And 2 1/2 hours later I left with a great haircut. I'm pretty sure if I was thinner and dressed more hip you'd change my name to Victoria.


After my haircut I went to one of my favorite places, the 100yen store. The 100yen store is like a dollar store but so much more fun. Owen and I usually go together and leave with lots of treasures. I didn't find much today, some ice packs for Owen's lunchbox, candy, and these


I'm not sure you can tell but they are tiny little cokes and fantas. I am such a sucker for little things. I came home with one for everyone. Jeff laughed at me but they made my day.
We had pizza for dinner and Jeff took Owen to a basketball game at his school. Tomorrow we have a birthday party and dinner out with Jeff's coworkers. Sunday I hope we can make it up to a Cherry Blossom Festival. It's been a good week. And it's going to be a good weekend. I hope you all enjoy your weekend too.

No comments: