Friday, October 17, 2008

He's The Love of My Life

He's 5 years old, 45 inches tall, and 47 pounds. He's blonder than blond and he is the love of my life. Yes, Owen sealed his place in my heart tonight. As he was picking the donut he wanted for dessert he went for my favorite, the boston kreme. The last boston kreme. I said "oh, that's my favorite" and he started to put it back. I told him to go ahead and have it I didn't need it. He was enjoying his donut and proceeded to tell me how it was now his favorite. Then he said "mom, sometimes at church they have donuts with creme in them you could get one there". I said "yes you're right I could, but donuts are not very good for mommy." Next thing I know he's right beside me handing me the last half of the donut. I told him No thanks and then he said the sweetest words a boy could say to his mama, "No, I want you to have it.". And with that he is permanently the love of my life. I enjoyed the last half of the boston kreme as I listened to O and his sister giggling in the tub. Life is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life is good - thanks for the reminder. This is blog number three that brought tears to my eyes!!!! Thanks for letting me into your bloggy world!!!