Sunday, December 2, 2007

For Better or Worse

Seven years ago right about now I was wearing the most beautiful dress I have ever seen and walking down the aisle with my Dad in front of about 200 friends and family members ready to start my life as Mrs. Jeff Singley. It was the best day ever. The best wedding ever and the best honeymoon ever. So now you're expecting me to say it has been the best marriage ever. But that would be a lie. It has been great. It has been hard. It has been fun. And it has been downright overwhelming at times. We have come a long way from two 26 year olds who didn't know what lie ahead of them. I had no idea what I was in for becoming a Navy wife. In truth I'm not sure Jeff really had any idea what he was in for becoming a Navy Doctor. It has been quite a journey. One that has taken us across the country and back and now to the other side of the world. We have transitioned from giddy newlyweds into a relaxed married couple. (one of us is more relaxed than the other :)) We have overcome the hurdle of being new parents, twice. Life is good. I'm thankful to remember today the way all of this started. With the two of us in love and believing that God had great things in store for us. We are certainly learning what it means to be "in love" and God has done great and wonderful things for us. Here's to another year of wedded bliss. Happy Anniversary Jeff.

1 comment:

Pam L said...

A few days late, but...Happy Anniversary y'all. We miss you all a lot and think of you often. Shelvin can't wait for the Capital One Bowl! Did you get my email?
Pam L