Thursday, March 20, 2008

ALOHA!!!

That is what we'll be saying in a couple of weeks. That is right the Singley's will be spending spring break in Oahu, Hawaii. It wasn't our first choice but I think we'll adjust. We had planned to take a trip to Tokyo and sight see and fulfill our promise of taking O to Tokyo Disney, but the Navy again had other plans for us. Jeff is being sent to a course April 8-11 in Hawaii which put a wrench in the Tokyo plan. So we decided to tag along. Jeff is taking some leave beforehand so we will have 4 days to play as a family and then it will be me and the kids while Jeff is "learning". I hadn't mentioned the trip before now because I had not actually seen an itinerary or tickets. Well it is official, we leave the beautiful island of Okinawa for the beautiful island of Hawaii, USA on April 3rd. I tried to get my mom to come with us but she opted out. If anyone wants to meet up for a lovely vacation let us know. Otherwise you can just be jealous! :)

2 comments:

Weasel said...

Hey there kiddo! I am so jealous. Please give me a call, and I will give the low down on all the must dos. Where are you all staying in Ohau?

(I wish we could go back and live there!...I will always remember taking the boat launch to school and seeing the Arizona memorial everyday.) Think of all the experiences that Owen and Alison will have in their back pockets after Japan.

I hear you on the airfare thing...I still can't bring myself to hit the purchase button for the tickets to London. Yikes!

Trey was official LCDR on 3/1 and we have the pinning on tomorrow. It has been a nutso week.

Hugs!

Erin said...

I'm not jealous...I have my concrete house, with the rolling hills backyard, the heat, humidity, greenery...and I can't read one sign. What on earth do I have to be jealous about...SIGH....