Monday, March 17, 2008

Seeing Double




Today I watched my neighbor's, almost 4 year old, twin boys. All I can say is, good luck Brent and Heather. Clearly, I am not on my "twin" game. Max and Ben came over for about 3 1/2 hours and all in all we had a great time. No one got injured and no one even cried, but I felt like I was out of control. Maybe it was because I decided to make cakes with green frosting and sprinkles for St. Patrick's Day. Because really what screams good 4 year old activity like green frosting and sprinkles? They seemed to enjoy it but my controlling nature just couldn't leave the cakes frosted quite like they had them. They left with a very pretty green cake with yellow sprinkles to share with their sister. At one point I had two boys washing frosting off their hands in the bathroom, a friend at the door, the phone ringing, and a toddler screaming for "melmo" on the tv. I had trouble knowing what to tend to first. I had to laugh at myself because I'm sure things like that happen to Katie(Max and Ben's mom) all the time and don't even phase her. That is because she is a twin veteran. She is seasoned in how to manage 3 kids, a husband, a house, and even train for a marathon all at the same time. I can handle my kids, most of the time, but I think I need a little more practice on the twin thing.

I do pride myself on being able to tell them apart now. Of course to make it easy today Max was wearing numbers and Ben was not. They are sweet boys and very well behaved. We're going to miss them when they head back to the states this summer. We're a little jealous because they are going to Quantico. Maybe one day we will get stationed in Virginia too.

I'll be praying for you Heather. I know God will prepare and equip you for the journey you are about to embark on. It's going to be a fun adventure!!
(In case some of you who read this don't know, Jeff's brother and his wife are expecting twins this summer)

1 comment:

Katie said...

The boys had a great morning with Miss Kristin! Thanks!