Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Feeling "Funk"y

Today was a funk day. It started with Jeff telling me our curtains fell down again and that made me start a downward spiral about how I can't get this house decorated, and I wish there was a Target here, and I need to exercise but I have no childcare, and those 5 donuts and half a can of pringles I ate yesterday are not helping my cause, and I have no friends, and when I call friends back home they don't answer because I come up "unknown caller" or they just don't want to deal with my neediness today, I don't know what to make for dinner, I can't believe I need to do laundry again, my house is a wreck and I'm not motivated to clean it, but I really like it here I do, why am I in such a funk???

Thankfully a sweet friend, Kim, called and got me out of the house today for lunch. We are finally able to go out in town again(a topic for another post) and she wanted to break free. It was just what I needed. A friend, a good lunch, and time outside of my dirty house. Only problem was I came back home to my dirty house and still felt my "funk".

My sweet neighbors came over with their kiddos today and it was chaos. These little duplexes are not really meant for 7 kids, but it's so nice to have company. As I was sitting on my couch getting therapy from my friends I asked if any of them had a quick, easy, good chicken recipe for dinner. Erin came through. She saved my day. She gave me quite possibly the tastiest chicken recipe I have ever made and it was super easy and Jeff came home and said "that looks gourmet, where did you get the wine?" I said you can thank Erin for that. I'm so thankful for good neighbors and friends that know just how to get you out of a funk.

2 comments:

Weasel said...

Hey funkinator...!!! I got your card yesterday and a note from my babysitter that you had called. I loved the card...it totally brightened my day. I am sorry I missed your calls. It has been crazy here with sickos and house on the market drama (which leads me not to answer the Unknown caller calls as most of the people that have called about the house are nuts. I think my head is going to pop off. Trey is on call Thursday and I plan on being up past 8:30 pm. Can we schedule a phone date? Let me know girlie...I am so glad you already have a network there to help on those days where we all need a shot in the arm of good female friends. love you, nish

Erin said...

You know, I would blog my life as well, but you kinda have to know people that give a crap about you to read it, so I will live vicariously through your blog! I am glad that your my "neighbor" and I am super happy that I was able to help out in your funk. It is hard here I know. I hope that the next 3 years living so close together, we will have become good friends, and we then can throw the word "neighbor" out of the same window your curtains keep falling down from! Huggles~

Erin (a.k.a the super chicken recipe hero!)